Wednesday October 5th, 5 Top Stories to Start Your Day
Hurricane Matthew has battered Haiti and is now heading to the East Coast of the United States with the Governor of South Carolina ordering evacuations along the coast. The Hurricane Warning affects Florida also where the storm could end up hitting that state and lasting for a period of 24 hours. The storm is hitting Cuba right now and has weakened a bit in strength, but forecasters are predicting that it will regain its strength and could end up being a category 4 hurricane again as it makes its way to the United States.
Tuesday night, the nominees for Vice Presidents met for their one and only debate at the Longwood University in Farmville, Virginia. The battle became a back and forth argument over who said what in the past. Kaine hammered home the outrageous statements that Trump has stated such as calling Rosie O’Donnell a “pig, “calling Vladimir Putin a “strong leader” and that other countries need to develop their own nuclear weapons.
Here are some other headlines to start your Wednesday and Enjoy your day!
1. Donald Trump live tweeted the Vice President’s debate in support of his V.P choice, Governor Mike Pence. Trump accused CNN of being impartial, compared both men’s records on decreasing unemployment in the states they represent, then attacked Hillary Clinton’s record on many aspects such as foreign policy, fiscal responsibility and her email scandal.
2. the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences announced that three researchers had won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry. They are Jean-Pierre Sauvage, Fraser Stoddart and Bernard Feringa. In their announcement, the Academy stated the research on molecular machines by the three scientists “will most likely be used in the development of things such as new materials, sensors and energy storage systems.”
3. The Democratic nominee for President Hillary Clinton made a campaign stop in Haverford Pennsylvania Tuesday where she took questions in a town hall setting. When asked by a 15-year-old girls question on Donald Trump and the question of body shaming, Clinton told the young lady, ““We can’t take any of this seriously anymore. We need to laugh at it. We need to refute it. We need to ignore it. And we need to stand up to it.”
4. Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte attacked President Barack Obama on Tuesday by saying that Obama can “go to hell” after the U.S refused to sell weapons to Manila and vowed to go to Russia and China instead.
5. Donald Trump, the GOP nominee for President, is being accused of doing business with the Iranian bank that U.S. authorities have accused of close links to Iran’s Quds Force, the elite arm of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards that allegedly funds militant groups Hamas and Hezbollah. Iran’s Bank Melli rented 8,000 feet of New York office space to the bank in a Trump enterprise building.